Bad Effects Of Wet Wipes

Wet wipes are not without flaws

1. May induce contact dermatitis. Although approved by the state, wet wipes contain more or less preservatives or additives. Due to individual differences, it may become an allergen for people with sensitive skin. It is often seen that when someone goes out to eat something and wipes their mouth with a wet wipe, their mouth swells into a “sausage”, which is a typical contact dermatitis. Contact dermatitis occurs, and the skin will have obvious erythema, itching, redness and swelling. At this time, it is best to rinse with running water, and then go to the hospital for treatment.

2. It may damage the microenvironment of the skin. If you keep wiping the skin surface while using a wet tissue, it may cause changes in the microenvironment of the skin surface, imbalance in the proportion of fat and water on the surface of the skin and the shedding and decomposition of epidermal keratinocytes, which is not conducive to the health of the skin. Especially those who are allergic to alcohol should avoid contact with wet wipes containing alcohol. Many people no longer wash their hands after use, and the chemical components will remain on their hands. This practice is especially harmful to children.

3. It is even more unhygienic if it is reused. The Welsh Institute of Pharmacy in the United States has conducted long-term observations on staff in hospitals, offices and other places and found that they often wipe a lot of places with a wet tissue, for example, after wiping their hands, they wipe computer screens, keyboards, desks, etc. When wet paper towels are reused, not only can they not remove bacteria, but they will transfer some surviving bacteria to the surface of other objects.

For more information pls check out our wet wipes manufacturer.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Scroll to Top

I’m Here To Assist You